Very Good Condition
Excellent Condition/Little Use
Comes with 11'' DD Coil/11'' Mono Coil
Manual/ Rechargeable Battery Pack/Harness/Battery Pouch , All necessary leads and cables/In Box
Control box covers/Headphones
I have used a GPX 5000 for 5 Years now here in the U.K
It is by far the best detector i have ever used, I really enjoy using it, it's not for everyone though you do need to give it time to get used to the signals
It is of course mainly used as Gold Nugget detector all around the world, the discrimination is very good when you get used to it and only about 5% of what i dig up is iron
It has unbelievable depth and is suited to Pasture Detecting where all the old finds are out of range of normal detectors, Fantastic on the Beach and will i'm sure pay for it'self just think of all those Gold Rings down there that no one else can reach!
It is awesome on small, low conductive targets and due to the power of the detector will find those Hammered pennies at good depths even if they are edge ways in the ground.
On one bank side we found 18 Roman Fibula's all between 14'' and 18'' , these all gave a very good signal they were so low in conductivity that other top end detectors would not pick them up beyond 5'' and then with a very dodgy signal
I found a King Steven Penny at 13'' in Permanent Pasture this would not give a signal on my old detector until i touched the coil with it
Although i never normally detect on disturbed ground/Plough/Stubble i have recently used it on a field of Parsnips, it was awesome cutting straight though the soil and finds little bits of lead at great depths, it also will detect below the Plough level into the subsoil.
When you walk on to a field with this you are invincible , the more the field has been detected the better, you will just be getting what every one else has missed.
It's not ideal for some fields, i would not use it on a new site, it would just be overkill so i would go over first with a normal detector to clean the obvious signals first.
Also fields that are full of big lumps iron can be a pain, flat pieces of iron are difficult to ID , the GPX 5000 will not pick up Hot Rocks.
Not a cheap bit of kit
But if you can afford one , buy it!
Remember if you have half a dozen detectors lying around you don't use (a lot of people have!) then trade them in
The GPX 5000 Gold Metal Detector sets the new benchmark in gold detecting technology. With an amazing range of features and functions the GPX 5000 Gold Metal Detector is not only superior to its predecessor, the GPX-4500, and is in a class of its own. Featuring Minelab's exclusive technologies, Multi Period Sensing (MPS), Dual Voltage Technology (DVT) and Smart Electronic Timing Alignment (SETA), the high performance GPX 5000 is capable of finding more gold than ever before. From sub-gram nuggets to the elusive 'retirement nugget' and everything in between, with the GPX 5000, you can find it.
New improved electronics, new Soil/Timings and an amazing range of features combined with the legendary GPX ability to ‘see through ground’ mineralisation, gives you a significant Depth Advantage over other gold metal detectors.
Using unique features, functions and industry leading patented technology ensure the GPX detectors run smooth and quiet in even the most severe ground conditions, whilst still maintaining excellent depth and sensitivity to gold nuggets. Serious detectorists know that GPX detectors find gold much deeper than ANY other detector, in ALL ground conditions. That's why we are confident to say we have the GPX Depth Advantage.
With more Timings than ever before, the 8 Timings available on the GPX 5000 Gold Metal Detector change the digital switching and processing of the electronics in the detector. Each Timing has been designed for optimum performance under certain conditions, so it is like having a different detector each time you select a new Timing.
Also great for the specialist relic and jewellery hunter who demands the best, and wants to recover targets deeper than ever before.
Easy for the beginner through to the professional - you can switch on and go with six factory preset Search Modes and automatic functions.
· The GPX 5000 Gold Metal Detector sets the new benchmark in gold detecting technology. With an amazing range of features and functions the GPX 5000 Gold Metal Detector is not only superior to its predecessor, the GPX-4500 Gold Metal Detector , it is in a class of its own.
· MPS, DVT & SETA Technology delivers to you the most technologically advanced detector yet, making small hard to hear nuggets more obvious.
· New Timings make the GPX 5000 the most versatile ever. It's like having 8 detectors in 1. In addition to five of the Timings found on the previous model the GPX 5000 Gold Metal Detector introduces three new Timings: Coin/Relic, Salt/Gold and Fine Gold.
· Fine Gold Timing gives even more depth and sensitivity than Enhance — bring home more nuggets even from ground thought to be completely worked out!
· Salt/Gold Timing is great for all nugget sizes in salty ground — outstanding at the beach!
· Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions.
· Improved Enhance Timing for more depth
· Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance
· Six preset Search Modes gives you easy switch on and go detecting. In addition to General and Deep search are: Hi-Mineral, Patch, Hi-Trash and Pinpoint. All six Search Modes can be modified to your personal favourite settings. Menu accessible Search Modes can also be renamed.
· Increased Rx Gain adjustment allows you more precise sensitivity control for optimum performance.
· Automatic Ground balance options make it easy to adjust the detector to suit all ground conditions. e.g. (Fixed, Tracking, Tracking speed, Ground Balance Type, Quick-Trac button).
· Audio adjustments to maximize target signals for your personal hearing ability e.g. (Threshold, Tone, Audio Type, Signal Peak, Response, Target Volume, Volume limit, Stabilizer).
· Iron Reject adjustable to suit the iron trash level where you are detecting.
· Motion control, adjustable to match your sweep speed and optimise target responses.
· Tune (also known as Noise Cancel) - Automatic and Manual options to minimize electrical interference.
· Backlight so that you can read the LCD menu in any light, allowing you to detect day or night. The back light also has an adjustable timeout to help preserve battery power.
· Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
· Two coils as standard: 11” Double-D coil plus 11” Monoloop coil giving you added versatility and value.
· Languages: English, Spanish, Russian & Arabic (manual only